The second battle of the series is crime shows CSI vs. Law and Order: SVU. Both shows were once major hits for their networks, and are now shells of their former selves. Anyways, CSI and Law and Order: SVU will each compete in the Wednesday 10pm hour. This is the third time Law and Order: SVU will air in the timeslot, after airing in the slot for the second half of the 2009-2010 season and the second half of the 2010-2011 season. CSI moves to the timeslot after spending most of its run on Thursdays at 9pm. The question: which series will win between the two?
Here are some stats to help you decide which series may do the best:
- 12th Season Premiere: September 21st
- Season eleven premiere: 14.688 million viewers (3.4 demo)
- Season eleven finale: 11.770 million viewers (2.6 demo)
- Season eleven average: 13.269 million viewers (2.96 demo)
- 13th Season Premiere: September 21st
- Season twelve 10/9c premiere: 8.387 million viewers (2.5 demo)
- Season twelve finale: 8.98 million viewers (2.9 demo)
- Season twelve average 10/9c average: 8.222 million viewers (2.53 demo)
Looking at the ratings, it’s very likely (99.9%) that CSI will win the total viewers competition, but the demo race looks to be a bit closer. Which series will come out on top in that all-important demo? You can vote in the poll on the right! —–>
Reminder: ABC will air Revenge (September 21st) in the timeslot.